As a crop-top or shirt dress, Zak is an elegant pattern as well as modern and timeless, with nice finishing touches. The gathers under the (front and back) yokes give it a unique flair with a touch of retro. Comfort is in a not-too-tight waistband and a slightly loose fit. Many variations are offered such as:
- A V neckline that can either be modest or deep,
- The bodice can be sewn with flounce(s) (single or double) or without,
- The armholes can be sleeveless or be adorned with short sleeves with cuffs or with cap sleeves,
- The bodice is fully lined, but you can choose to leave the skirt unlined: it will depend on your choice of fabric and the effect you want to achieve.
With this many variations, there is no doubt you will enjoy sewing this pattern again and agai
The paper pattern includes:
- the booklet in English, stating the difficulty level, the cutting layout, the step-by-step sewing instructions, along with size chart and fabric and notion requirements,
- TWO easy-to-read multi-size pattern sheets, with no overlapping pieces.
The PDF pattern includes:
- a general introduction to the pattern and instructions regarding printing and assembling the pattern sheet; 3 pages in French and 3 pages in English,
- a booklet for the pattern stating the difficulty level, the cutting layout, the step-by-step sewing instructions, along with size chart and fabric and notion requirements; 28 pages in French and 28 pages in English,
- Two A4/US letter layered pattern sheets, to be printed and assembled at home; bilingual, 30 for P1 pattern sheet and 30 pages for P2 pattern sheet.
- Two FULL-SIZE layered pattern sheets (84 cm x 150 cm (33’’ x 59’’) each), bilingual, that can be printed in a copyshop.
- Two PROJECTION file sheets, bilingual, allowing you to project pattern pieces onto fabric with the use of a video-projector (no more paper printing); depending on your fabric background color, one pattern sheet with pieces against a transparent background and one where the pieces’ outline is magenta.