Between a gathered bodice under bust and a slim waist, this empire-waist dress with a slight V-neck charmingly underlines your features.
This dress can either be formal or casual, depending on your choice of fabrics. Using crepe or viscose will give you a more dressy look for formal events of any kind. It can also be a lovely summer dress if some lightweight cotton or linen is used.
Potential technical difficulties are thoroughly addressed e.g. the back zipper installation is fully referenced in the instructions, just go with the flow! Adding piping to the waist belt is also optional, so don’t be afraid of it!
- PACK : to sew a blouse version, to have instructions for a round neckline, or to add sleeves (5 sleeve types of various lengths - flutter sleeve, butterfly sleeve, short puff sleeve, ¾ puff sleeve and long sleeve), a free tutorial is available here.
- OPENBACK : to sew an open-back dress, a free tutorial is available here.
The paper pattern includes:
- the booklet in english, stating the difficulty level, the cutting layout, the step-by-step sewing instructions, along with size chart anf fabric and notion requirements,
- the easy-to-read multi-size pattern sheet, with no overlapping pieces.
The PDF pattern include:
- a general introduction to the patttern and instructions regarding printing and assembling the pattern sheet; 2 pages in french and 2 pages in english,
- a booklet for the pattern stating the difficulty level, the cuttung layout, the step-by-step sewing instructions, along with size chart and fabric and notion requirements; 12 pages in french and 12 pages in english,
- a A4/US letter pattern sheet, to be printed and assembled at home; bilingual, 28 pages,
- a FULL-SIZE pattern sheet (85 cm x 130,7 cm; 33½’’ x 51½’’), that can be printed in a copyshop.